We offer birthday cooking parties for children from 3 to 12 years. The children prepare their own birthday party meal in our custom designed kitchen under the guidance of executive chef, Barry Farnan. Afterwards they all sit down around our specially laid dining table to enjoy what they‘ve made and have a party!
OPTION 1 – COOKING PARTY
The kids cook 2 courses – either a starter and main course or main course and dessert.
The birthday cake is normally served as dessert, but should you prefer, the starter can be replaced by a cupcake decorating session. We supply the cupcakes, icing and decorations, the kids decorate them and then we serve it on a tiered stand as the birthday cake.
OPTION 2 – POTTING & COOKING
- A potting session in our vegetable garden where each child plants an indigenous tree or herb which can be taken home as the party favour.
- The cooking session where the kids cook the main course for the birthday party.
Here are a few of our popular menu choices – we are happy to accommodate special requests.
Butternut & Carrot Soup
Cheese Soufflé with Homemade Melba Toast
Sweet Corn, Bacon (optional) & Rocket Fritters with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Chicken Caesar Salad (chargrilled Chicken Strips with Lettuce, Crisp Croutons, Parmesan & a Creamy Dressing.
Thai Green Curry – mild, medium, hot or nice
Moroccan Flavoured Chicken Casserole
The ultimate Mac & Cheese
Lemon & Garlic marinated Chicken Kebabs
The Best Ever Cheesy Hamburgers with Oven Baked Chips
Chicken Breast stuffed with Mozzarella & Cherry Tomatoes with Mashed Potatoes
R450 per child, with a minimum of 10 kids and a maximum of 24.
Parties for less than 10 kids will be charged at R4500.
Mid-week parties (Monday to Thursday) qualify for a 10% discount.
TUESDAY TO SUNDAY: (Mondays by special arrangement)
Morning: 09h00 – 12h00
Afternoon: 14h00 – 17h00
INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Electronic Kidchen Concepts Party Invites
- Use of the venue, including the cooking studio, dining room and outside tea garden for the parents
- All ingredients and recipes used in the cooking sessions
- An apron to use during cooking
- A paper chef’s hat which can be decorated with names and drawings before the cooking fun starts
- All art & potting materials needed if relevant.
- Juice and water for the kids
- Basic table decorations according to your colour scheme
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (to be quoted for separately):
- Supply of a birthday cake. (You are welcome to bring your own)
- Supply of party packs according to your budget (You are welcome to bring your own)
- We promote a healthy lifestyle for kids and do not provide sweets and fizzy drinks, however it is a party and you are welcome to bring you own should you want to.
- Food and beverages for the adults:
- Parents and adults who attend the party are welcome to use the adjacent restaurant area (Food, Cuppa Love) if platters are ordered. We supply plates, serviettes and glasses.
- Food, Cuppa Love also has an a la carte menu from which food and non-alcoholic beverages can be ordered.
- You are welcome to bring some alcoholic beverages to enjoy with the platters, keeping in mind that it is a kids venue.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The venue is hired for 3 hours only. As we have to clear the venue and set up for the next function, and to ensure that you have exclusive use of the venue for your party, we can unfortunately not accommodate extensions.
- You may arrive 30 min before the party to set up and have 30 min after the end of the party to pack up.
- A 50% deposit will secure your booking and the balance is payable before or on the day of the party. If the party is cancelled within 4 days before the party, the deposit is not refundable.
- Although we make every effort to ensure a safe environment, a kitchen holds inherent dangers and we are strict on a few rules which the children are briefed on before commencement of the class. The host parent will be required to sign an indemnity before commencement of the party.
- It is advisable to ask children to bring closed shoes to wear for the duration of the kitchen session.
- No external party suppliers, e.g. ponies, jumping castles, face painters etc. may be brought onto the premises without prior consent as we have restrictions on power and space. A R300 charge will be levied per external supplier.